Starting and developing a brand new Hamilton based business takes motivation, desire and talent as well as research and planning. Let our Small Business Enterprise Centre located right in City Hall, help you with your planning and connect opening moves.
To help increase your chance of success, take the time up front to explore and evaluate your business goals no matter what type of business you wish to start. And use our SBEC experts to help your build a comprehensive and well-thought-out business plan that will help you reach these goals.
- Home-Based Business?
- Consulting Business?
- Bed & Breakfast?
- Convenience Store?
- Personal Care Home for Seniors?
- Construction Business?
- Buying a Business?
- Early Childhood?
Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership:
Cost $60.00 Registration, $8.00 per Name Search
- On-line at Service Ontario www.serviceontario.ca then click on ”Services to Businesses”
- In person – Small Business Enterprise Centre at City Hall OR
- Ellen Fairclough Builiding 119 King Street West, 1st Floor
Any questions with regard to registering a Sole Proprietorship of Partnership you can contact: Ontario Business Connects at 1 800 565-1921.
Ontario Land Registry Office
119 King St. W. 4th Floor Hamilton (905) 521-7561
Fee of $360. (Minister of Finance)
For more information please visit: http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/summary/2831/
Industry Canada Corporations Directorate
$200 when submitted on-line or $250 for all other means.
NUANS Report is $18, at http://www.corporationcentre.ca
For more information please visit: http://www.corporations.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc.nsf/eng/home
To learn more about Muncipal Licensing Requirements for specific business types in Hamilton visit the www.hamilton.ca/bizpal for more information.
Financing Info Guide - Financing Info-Guide
- Business Development Bank of Canada – www.bdc.ca
- Canada Business – www.canadabusiness.ca – ‘Find Financing’ or call 1-888-576-4444
- Ontario Business Program Guide – www.ontario.ca/business-and-economy/business-and-economy
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation – www.cybf.ca (Hamilton SBEC is a community partner)
- TD Bank – www.tdcanadatrust.com
- Ontario Self Employment Benefit (EI) – YWCA BizSmartz Program – 905-522-9922
- Industry Canada – www.ic.gc.ca – details on Canda Small Business Financing Program
- Export Development Canada – www.edc.ca
Grants/Government Program & Incentives
- Canada Business - www.canadabusiness.ca
Are you looking for books, magazines or other resources for starting your business? Visit the Hamilton Public Library’s “Find-it Guides” for business startups for more information.