Hamilton Technology Centre
The Hamilton Technology Centre is a modern 40,000 square foot, fibre optic equipped facility funded and operated by the Economic Development and Real Estate Division of the City of Hamilton.
Hamilton Technology Centre’s mission is to have a positive impact on the City of Hamilton’s economic development by maximizing the success of emerging companies. Statistics show that 87 percent of companies starting in an incubation centre survive, 54 percent more than the national average. Hamilton Technology Centre opened its doors in 1993, since then many graduating businesses have become very successful and have contributed new jobs and facilitated economic diversification and brought personal wealth to Hamilton and the surrounding area.
- Advisory Team – Each resident client in the program is provided with the opportunity for business and management mentoring free of charge.
- Networking – Regular CEO round table discussions and community events provide peer support and feedback on entrepreneurial issues and opportunities.
- Access to Capital – Facilitate financing sources such as banks, private investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners and other investment alternatives.
- Training Solutions – Networked learning sessions are focused on critical success factors such as team building, staffing and exporting.
- Ready-to-use Facilities – Allows entrepreneurs to focus on business development by providing administrative support on a fee-for-services basis, dependent on individual needs.
- In house services
- accounting specializing in R & D, SR & ED tax credits
- web design
- corporate identity
- computer technical services
- What other entrepreneurs have said:
- “HTC entrepreneurs can exchange ideas in a lively, cooperative environment and even commiserate at the water cooler. Expert advice from knowledgeable staff is always at hand” — Andrew Cerskus, President
- “The facilities have been a tremendous help in helping to establish our credibility. When potential customers see the level of professionalism in our surroundings we are raised above the level of the average start-up. They recognize the degree of investment we are making in our growth. We have used all the resources available: the meeting and conference rooms, management coaching, the training facility and the building itself to help us close sales.” — Peter D. Young, Director of Engineering, Opus Automation Inc.
- “With the support of HTC we were able to grow and develop our small business from one person to thirty highly skilled individuals. Our clients are international and a number are in Fortune 500. The professional image that HIT helped us achieve, especially in the early days, was extremely valuable.“ — Anne Tomalin, CanReg Inc.
Can you use our Service?
The Hamilton Technology Centre’s Mission is to have a positive impact on the City of Hamilton’s economic development by maximizing the success of emerging companies.
Statistics show that 87 percent of companies starting in incubation centre survive, 54 percent more than national average.
Hamilton Technology Centre opened its doors in 1993, since then many graduating businesses have become very successful and have contributed new jobs and facilitated economic diversification and brought personal wealth to Hamilton and the surrounding area.
If you …
- Have a start up business in one of the following technology clusters:
- Advanced manufacturing or materials
- Bio technology
- Environmental technology
- Health care or medical device technology
- Information or communications technology
- Meet the following “entry criteria”:
- Have an ‘innovative’ project
- Have an acceptable updated Business Plan
- Have a good ‘fit’ with other residents/clients
- Have a willingness to learn
You should call us at 905-689-2400
- B2B Connex – Provides the latest in supply chain collaboration solutions.
- Bionex Multimedia – Specializes in veterinary web site design, development, hosting and domain name registration.
- Coding Products of Canada Ltd. – Distributes and services printers manufactured by Linx Printing Technologies Ltd.
- EC Squared Project Management Services – Assist client innovative companies’ determine and apply for business development programs for corporate initiatives and expansions in both Canada, the US, and Internationally.
- Economic Developers Association of Canada – National association supporting professionals in the field of Economic Development.
- Flamborough Chamber of Commerce – Providing a united front for businesses in the Flamborough Community.
- Genesis Health Light Corporation – Researches and manufactures high quality health light treatment products for pain.
- Globex Engineering Canada – An international, multi-discipline design/build and consulting firm providing turn-key electrical, mechanical and structural engineering solutions. 905-690-3737
- Hyperion Solar Inc. – Solar engineering and supply company for residential and commercial applications.
- Innogyps Inc. – Promotes innovation and growth in the gypsum industry.
- Med-Tel Software Ltd. – Electronic billing software for the medical community of Ontario.
- Steel Image – Metallurgical laboratory facility specializing in solution based failure analysis and material/process evaluations.
- Structured System Administration Inc. – Provides best of class website hosting and system administration for clients looking for that next level of support.
- VitaSound Audio Inc. – Develops and brings to market advanced audio solutions that enhance the quality of life for the hearing challenged.
Penny Gardiner, Ec.D.
Phone: 905-689-2400 or 905-689-8771