Hamilton Highlights Newsletter – May 2018
In the May edition of Hamilton Highlights…
- May a Huge Month for AI in Hamilton
- Hamilton as an Intelligent Community
- Find New Employees Faster and Easier
- Hamilton marks National Tourism Week with Salute to Tourism
- Liquid Arts Fest
CN places another order with Hamilton’s National Steel Car
CN investing in 1,000 new generation grain hopper cars to renew fleet and meet long-term needs of farmers
CN Media Release (PDF)
Amazon, Nokia invest in Hamilton incubator focused on autonomous vehicle research
City conducting annual business employment survey
Hamilton, Mac & law firm Gowling are helping startups make their way in the world
A unique partnership between McMaster University, the city of Hamilton, and an international law firm is aiming to help “start ups” in the city get off the ground and profit.
There are some really cool projects at the McMaster Automotive Resource Centre. Joel Roeleveld is a research engineer with McMaster who says the the partnership could help a lot of local ideas.
“New motors and motor technology we hopefully think will revolutionize high-efficiency and robust motors.”
All used in the creation of hybrid race cars that were built at MARC.
“Those cars are student build cars, 90% of the components are hand built by the students.”
“The one thing that the university has is a lot of great ideas on the we can bring it to a certain stage,” says Gay Yuyitung, and industry liason for McMaster University, “but takes a village to create successful companies.”
That’s where the law firm “Gowling” comes in.
“What we’re trying to do is facilitate connections between those businesses so that they might become aware of McMaster and Hamilton and it’s economy, become it’s customers, suppliers, lenders, with a view to helping this area along.” says Louis Frapporti, managing partner at Glowing WLG’s Hamilton office.
The partnership is in the early stages but already engineers at McMaster can imagine the financial benefits. The end goal of the partnership is to launch new technology from Hamilton, attract business here, and even bring top notch engineers to the city and university.
Article courtesy of CHCH
Hamilton Highlights Newsletter – April 2018
In the April edition of Hamilton Highlights…
- Are You One of the Fast 40?
- Success Makers
- Raise the Barcode
- Meet the Future of Ontario’s Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster
- Hamilton Welcomes Ontario Chamber of Commerce to the City
- Art as an Economic Driver
ICF judge lauds Hamilton’s collaboration
Hamilton Highlights Newsletter – March 2018
In the March edition of Hamilton Highlights…
- Fraunhofer Makes It Official
- Food and Beverage Excellence in Hamilton
- Supercluster Win for Hamilton
- Competition Season in Hamilton
- Be Part of the Supply Chain
Hamilton Highlights Newsletter – February 2018
In the February edition of Hamilton Highlights…
- Government Funding for New Markets
- Hamilton Named One of the Top 7 Intelligent Community in the World
- Clearcable Networks Part of Hamilton’s “Intelligent Community”
- Success in the City Day Away
- Hamilton Wins Again
- It’s Game Time in Hamilton